The LSD Formula D Proam Series is a Formula D feeder series into FD Pro 2. The top 3 drivers in points at the end of the series will receive FD Pro 2 licenses. There are more than 10K in prizes up for grabs, such as a Garrett GTX turbo, BC Racing coil overs, and more. Events are two days long with parties on Saturday night, and some venues have camping overnight at the track. It is pretty awesome.
1. Engines and transmissions: Open, have fun. Keep it simple though or you will go broke.
2. Chassis: Open with a few exceptions. LSD has the right to refuse any chassis we feel is not safe, a nuisance to the event, or for any other reason. No trucks, no dune buggies, bicycles.
3. Tires: Open, have fun, don’t go broke.
4. Safety Equipment: Full weld in roll cage that adheres to the 2012 Formula D or newer rule book, anti intrusion bars are not required. Please see below for the link. SFI 5 point or greater harness properly attached to a harness bar in your cage, no where else. Small fire extinguisher mounted inside the car within reach of the driver. SA2005 or greater helmet. A common sense safety inspection will be done on each car, and everything must be properly and securely mounted. All lug nuts and any type of fastener must be installed. Seats, batteries, etc must all be securely mounted and installed. Nothing dangerous may protrude from the car and endanger anyone, such as dangerous wing end plates, crash bars, exhausts protruding farther than typical, etc. Fuel cells must have a fire wall of some type shielding them from the inside cabin of the vehicle, and fuel lines cannot be run inside the passenger compartment of the vehicle. Please refer to the below PDF of the Formula D rulebook and adhere to any cage building, harness mounting, or any other technical questions you have.
4.a. Race clothing: We do not currently require racing suits, as it is too hot in the Texas summer to expect everyone to sit in a car for 8 hours a day in a racing suit, it would be dangerous. We do require closed toe shoes. There should be NO exposure to flammable fluids within the driver cockpit of your car!!! No fuel lines, oil lines, etc can be routed through the interior cockpit. There MUST be a fire wall separating the driver from any fuel cell, NO EXCEPTIONS. Brake fluid is the exception.
5. Tire to weight rule: None.
6. All body panels must be on for the first round of our series you compete in, and the car must be presentable.
7. Your car must adhere to a reasonable sound limit, and sound quality from the exhaust. For example, no KA24 straight pipe or open header cars without a muffler. A turbo car without a muffler is acceptable, as the turbo muffles the sound of the motor. LSD has the right to decide what is reasonable and what is not.
8. Your car may not leak on the track, if it leaks, it can be sent back to the pits until it is fixed with no refund to the driver fee.
9. Drivers must maintain themselves, their crew, and their friends in a sportsman like manner. Yelling, screaming, pitching a fit, threatening another driver or anyone else will not be allowed. You will not conduct yourself like this is a circle track or drag racing event. We have fun, and want a friendly atmosphere.
10. No drinking and driving.
11. You must be at the competition drivers meeting for your series the day of the event. If you are not there without special permission to miss the meeting, you will not be in the competition brackets and you will not drive in the competition. It is your responsibility to get placed into the brackets before the competition actually begins eliminations. If for whatever reason you are in the brackets and your car breaks, you must arrive to the line in a tech inspected competition car to collect that rounds points. If you do not arrive to the line you will receive no points. After your first lap of competition in the brackets you may not change cars.